piquant |ˈpēkənt; -känt| adjective. having a pleasantly sharp taste or appetizing flavor. • pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Maybe I am a California Girl

Before departing for beautiful Thailand, I took a pit stop in Phoenix and California. I had a lot of fun, and I still have the bruise the surfboard gave me to prove how tough I am. I was able to see "Miss Pengra" and aslo to meet Jason's friends and hang with him for a bit.

Thailand

(pictures take forever to upload! you will have to wait in suspense for a day or two)

Blog entries

#1
Lesson number one: buy a phone card! I have been in Thailand for 9 hours, and my family has no idea that I am alive and well. It is mostly due to my lack of phone card. Now it is also due to the fact that there is no landline in the house I am at. Only a cell phone that has a Thai display and isn’t mine. My cell phone works on roam, but it doesn’t call the US. Bummer. So my first blog entry is a HUGE apology to those who waited anxiously. I arrived safely and am typing this from Ayuttayah.

#2
Lesson number two: Meeting Point may be a literal place in the airport, but it does not mean it is the only place people will come to look for you. No one at the meeting point was looking for me and I was getting nervous. Not scared enough to cry, but certifiably nervous. It was around that point that I saw the security guys go by with large guns. Not what I was hoping for. I eventually heard my name over the intercom and found my ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home