piquant |ˈpēkənt; -känt| adjective. having a pleasantly sharp taste or appetizing flavor. • pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Chatuchak Weekend Market

suan jatujak
"JJ Market"

I actually went to JJ market the day after my night in Bangkok. But as my new editor/ posting guru has suggested I am spreading my postings out a bit. Blogger has been impossible to post to lately, so Thanks to Andy for turning my e-mails into blog entries.

JJ market is huge, I have heard numbers of 9,000 to 15,000 vendors. This is just one asile.


The things for sale range from cute bunnies and other animals that shouldn't be sold. (squirrells, chipmunks, monkeys, hedgehogs and many others)

To beads and fabrics by the ton. Regular old beads are actually just as cheap in America.

The food is great. This is Chris eating the flesh after drinking the juice of a coconut.

Ben had some of Oh's coconut ice cream. We also bought smoothies. Before Ben could drink his, a guy came by and took it right off the counter. The Thai lady making them said sorry, but wasn't going to make another unless he paid again!

As we sat drinking our smoothies, Oh noticed a famous man under an umbrella. She was quite shy, but Chris is not so he went an got an autograph for her. As we were leaving, I finally convinced her to get a photo taken with him.

I actually didn't buy very much. It was more overwhelming than the Mall of America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home