piquant |ˈpēkənt; -känt| adjective. having a pleasantly sharp taste or appetizing flavor. • pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Chang Mai


This is the panda at the Chaing Mai Zoo. It was the same price as Zoo admission to see the pandas, 100 baht. The donation of the panda has really helped the relations between China and Thailand.

This is me with the artificial pandas that can be seen for free.


I went to a monkey show. It was 10 baht (25 cents) for some great mosquito bite stuff and a monkey on my lap. After the show I was able to play with some small monkeys. One stole the orchid I had pinned to my shirt and ate it!


These are mid-sized umbrellas that are hand made at the factory I toured. The umbrellas are shipped around the world. I was told they make some that can actully keep off the rain as well as look beautiful.

This is one of my most artistic shots so far. The monk was at Doi Suthep Temple on top of a mountain overlooking Chaing Mai.


The Yang Tree was planted in 1796. I like how I am wrapped in a scarf and the tree is wrapped too!

When I first saw these 'girls' I swore they wern't lady boys. It wasn't until I stood next to them for a picture that I believed they were men. There are loads of lady boys all over Thailand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home