piquant |ˈpēkənt; -känt| adjective. having a pleasantly sharp taste or appetizing flavor. • pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Chang Mai Part II


To get to the hmong Village, we hiked up hill for 45 minutes. We had to cross this bamboo bridge over the river. Once at the top I was confused because the people at the top had trucks and motor bikes. So there has to be an easier way there. It was all staged for tourists, to make us think about how high up they live.

This hut was outside of the main village. I am not sure if anyone lives in it, but it made a great photo.

We rode elephants in a jungle area. We even got to go through the water. This is Jonah and his boyfriend in front of me. As we went it was 20 baht to feed bananas and sugar cane to the elephants. My driver always took some of the sugar cane for himself.


Our secound touristy village was the Karan peopel. They do a lot of weaving. I was able to give it a try. Wow is it slow going. At my speed it would take a month ot make a scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home