piquant |ˈpēkənt; -känt| adjective. having a pleasantly sharp taste or appetizing flavor. • pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Is it December already? Time to go home...

Upon my return to America, I learned my Grandmother can touch her nose too! This was early on in our night of dancing in Bangkok's RCA. I spent my last weekend in Bangkok so the Girl Gang could go out on the town, and so we could say bon voyage to Loren as she headed for India with Kate.

Loren and Rosalind prove that skirts are just fine for the platform seating. I think American bars should provide this type of seating, even if it is only for V.I.P. We had reclining cushions, a plush white rug and a bright blue drink, but we got out stain free.

Oh said that she is "getting boring of saying good-by." Meaning that she is tired of always saying good-bye to her friends. I decided to spend my last night in Ayutthaya at the Moon Cafe. It was a calm night, so we basically had the place to ourselves.

Amazing women. Noi, me, Took, Rosalind and Oh.


The band that "always" played at the Moon Cafe wasn't playing that night. Gai was kind enough to hunt down a folk guitar and give me a final show.

Ok, so I ended up spending one more night in Ayutthaya. It made much more sense to get a cab straight to the airport than it did to try and navigate Bangkok. I spent my last night watching the elephant show. It is a reenactment of the fight between Burma and Thailand. There were real elephants!

After the show, I had a great late night noodle dinner with Ros and Geab, but I didn't get any pictures.

At 4am Took meet me in her pajamas to make sure the cab she arranged showed up. It was a little late, but with no traffic in the wee hours of the morning, I made it to the airport in an hour and a half. Maybe I was groggy, but I couldn't believe I was actually headed home. Only 30 hours of travel to get home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home