piquant |ˈpēkənt; -känt| adjective. having a pleasantly sharp taste or appetizing flavor. • pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Working Girl

After my extended period of relaxation, I have finally accepted a full time job. My title is Sped Para aka Special Education Paraprofessional. As there are these little things called confidentiality laws, I can only write so much about what I do. My day is spent in a fourth grade classroom. I am assigned one-on-one with a student, but I am able to interact with the entire class. The students are so well behaved, it is a drastic difference from my last teaching position.
My new school is only a half mile from home, so I have walked to work - even in the freezing cold! CPA is a charter school with students in grades K-12, and a very diverse population. Those of you reading from Thailand will be excited to hear that a majority of my students are Hmong. They were excited to hear about my travels.
In the process of getting my job, I also did some temp work. If you are ever looking for a truly professional temp agency, I highly recommend Dolphin Staffing. The crew there is super. I also toyed with the idea of working full time at Ihduhapi (YMCA camp), but why drive 45 min to work when I can walk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home